[MiQP-Mail] Ohio QSO Party - Saturday

Jimk8mr at aol.com Jimk8mr at aol.com
Fri Aug 21 10:08:01 EDT 2009

A reminder that the 2009 Ohio QSO Party is tomorrow, Saturday, from noon to
 midnight EDT (1600z to 0400z Sunday).

As anyone familiar with state QSO parties knows, mobiles make the party, so
 we're looking forward to a great one. We have a dozen mobiles/rovers
reporting planned activity, covering all 88 counties with most counties having
multiple coverage.

Quick primer: 80 through 10 meters, CW and SSB, up 45 KHz on CW, and  3825,
7200, 14250, 21300, and 28450 on SSB.

Exchange serial number and QTH. Multipliers county by mode, for a total of
176 (88x2) from outside Ohio.

Lots of plaques to be awarded.

Full info at  _www.ohqp.org_ (http://www.ohqp.org)           (NOTE: new
site from previous years).

One new thing we are trying this year is a way to work around the lack of
short propagation on 40 meters. We are encouraging a "mini-window" for
mobiles  during the daytime hours, of 3545 KHz +/- 1 KHz.  The idea is to keep
that  frequency clear but monitored by those with a second radio. Mobiles can
give a  few quick CQs on 3545, and thereby stir up some activity.  If
you're not close enough to Ohio to take advantage of this, don't feel bad, as
that means you're far enough away to hear us on 40 meters (or above).

We hope to see (and work) lots of you on Saturday!

73  -   Jim  K8MR

President, Mad River Radio Club