[MiQP-Mail] N9NE/9/8

Todd Fonstad tfonstad at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 11 10:15:22 EDT 2009

Hello neighbors!

A cold front roared through Oshkosh last night (which I am passing on to
you) with a prediction of snow/rain for this Sunday's Wisconsin QSO Party.
Weather permitting, I'll be mobile in 20 counties in the fast, furious and
fun seven hours of this event (2 to 9 pm EDT). Please join us ... it will be
a good 'tune up' for both you and me in the MIQP. I'll be on 80, 40, and 20M
CW from the get-go. See the rules at <http://www.warac.org/wqp/wqp.htm>.

I'm not sure what my plans for the MIQP will be. I ran 6 counties
(unassisted) in the western UP last year with good success, and I may end up
doing the same. It becomes more difficult with the passing of each year
(I'll be 66 next month) to get the rig/antennas/vehicle readied for what is
essentially a 22 hour non-stop drive from this QTH, 50 miles southwest of
Green Bay.

Interesting ain't it: the MN, WI, and MI QSO Parties are held during winter
... but it works! If you don't think April isn't winter in the UP, you
haven't been there then!

73
Todd