[MiQP-Mail] MiQP-KALKASKA COUNTY

Hank Greeb n8xx at arrl.org
Wed Mar 25 22:12:31 EDT 2009

Richards:

I agree with the fellow who said - Compete with yourself.  If this is
the first time you've entered, see what you can do.  If you're learning
CW, try some of it, but don't get discouraged.  Do some Search & pounce,
find stations calling CQ, and answer them.

The first few contests I ran weren't anything to write home about, but I
learned.  I kept it up, and gradually made it to a "mediocre to fair"
category.  I've never won a contest - except for Kent County high score
when there wasn't much competition.

This year I plan to invade a couple counties where there hasn't been any
fixed station operation.  I'll either stir up some locals to give me a
run for the money, or I'll have a couple more pieces of paper to place
on my shack's wall.  I hope I can stir up locals, because one goal of
MiQP should be to have at least one fixed station operating in each county.

73 es cu on MiQP 2009 de n8xx Hg