[MiQP-Mail] Early Contesting (was MiQP-KALKASKA COUNTY)

Richards jruing at ameritech.net
Thu Mar 26 19:04:36 EDT 2009

Hi Randy -- exactly right!   I will participate in the program one way
or another, either as a trainee or a contestant.   Either way, I will
participate to support the program, further expand my own operating
skills, make a whole bunch of contacts in a short time which is fun in
itself, and even help those who are contrasting the context.  After all,
somebody might need my contact in order to beat some other poor schlep.

I won't be doing any CW -- as of today, I'm up to only five letters!  I
don't think it will be very helpful for me to try QSO's next month !

I played in last year's contest for just a couple hours and had a blast.
  I do not mind being a "contact" for the contestants - after all, it's
all about making contacts, so there has to be some of us who are just
contacts or the contestants will each  camp on a frequency, call CQ,
and find no one else to talk to!   If they all search and pounce, it'll
be murder trying to find each other.    so, I consider myself an
essential cog in the machine.  Whether I officially compete or not.

I THINK YOU PROVIDED AN EXCELLENT ONCE OVER FOR THE NEW CONTESTANT.

happy trails and good DX to you.

Love, Randy wrote:

> Early contesting should never be about winning. I mean, you don't enter
> your first marathon to win it without training for it first, right?

whether you operate in it this year or not, you should start TRAINING
for next year  right now.