[MiQP-Mail] Early Contesting (was MiQP-KALKASKA COUNTY)

Stephen M. Murphy murphys at comcast.net
Thu Mar 26 21:22:28 EDT 2009

Having fun is always my primary motivator.  There's no prize money
involved, so we gotta do it for fun.  Or maybe we're all nuts.  Now that
I think of it, maybe it's a bit of both.

Don't be afraid to CQ, even if you think your station is too modest to
get results.  It can be discouraging to call for a minutes without a
reply, but you're almost always going to make more QSOs/hour "running"
vs "searching".

If you keep telling yourself that learning Morse is fun, you'll
eventually come to believe it.

Those are my pearls of wisdom for the year.

73,

Steve N8NM