[MiQP-Mail] Early Contesting (was MiQP-KALKASKA COUNTY)

Richards jruing at ameritech.net
Fri Mar 27 01:40:12 EDT 2009

Yes, I believe in trying things, and I am fairly adventurous --
And I really a appreciate the encouragement suggesting I
at least attempt making some CW contacts --

but gee whiz, fellas, I only know FIVE LETTERS so far...
don't you think I should learn the rest of the alphabet and
a at least a few of the numbers before trying to make a CW QSO ??

There is no way I'm going to be sufficiently proficient in the
next 30 days.   It would be an act of cruelty and in consideration
beyond contempt  if I were to attempt CW QSOs during this
year's contest!

So, while I appreciate the encouraging words, I will respectfully
decline any attempt to make any contact on CW during this contest.

And it's not because I'm not willing to try, but I don't go to a
gunfight with a rubber knife.

happy trails and good luck in the contest -- look for me
in the phone portion of the band this year.

Happy trails and 73.    ----  Richards - K8JHR ----