[MiQP-Mail] Logging programme for Linux?

hank k8dd k8dd at arrl.net
Tue Apr 6 00:22:34 EDT 2010

Awhile back, in a conversation of emails about Linux in the shack, N4AF
said:
"TR4W (TRlog for Windows) runs great under wine.
Only caveat is that I am using all USB and can not swear it will support
your
keying/cat. You might possibly consider a  USB migration tho- for so2r, i
think
it is the way to go - and not that expensive. You would also need to
ensure your radio type is supported."

He did not say which Linux he's running .....
I have had good luck using hamlib and Linux to talk to several radios with
cqrlog and xlog using USB to serial cables.    xlog does have what they call
a "contest mode" ...... but it's not.
It's not hard to get USB to serial cables to work - the worst thing you
might have to do is create in /dev/USB0 and USB1 for your serial ports if
they are not created when you plug in the cables.
And, if you have a Winkeyer there is a daemon to run the Winkeyers.
The good news is ---- TR4W does support MI QSO Party.

So .... if you can get TR4W to run under wine ...... you should be able to
get USB to serial ports running to control the radio.   Keying may be
something else.   I don't want to learn TR4W or I would probably try it!
YMMV!

73    Hank    K8DD

--
"I knew that God put me on this earth to be on the radio."    Ed Bradley