[MiQP-Mail] 2010 Planned Operations Map Updated

David Pruett k8cc at comcast.net
Sat Apr 10 23:07:41 EDT 2010

All:

I have updated the Planned Operations map on the MiQP Home Page
http://www.miqp.org.  The good news is that a bunch of counties were
able to be colored in, particularly in the U.P.  The bad news is that
with only one week to go until the 2010 MiQP, there are fifteen counties
with no planned operations.

It is not my intent to try and tell the mobiles where to go, but in some
cases there are multiple mobiles going thru certain counties, while
neighboring counties are left without planned operations.  This is
particularly true in the NE part of the L.P. as well as in the thumb.

It is my understanding that the K8XXX group will not be active this year
due to pressing family matters for the station host.  This leaves Barry
County without it's usual "big gun" effort.  If a mobile could divert
thru there, they'd be pretty popular.  I've also heard that the K8EPV
multi-op will not be active because one of the principals is on a
DX-pedition out in the Pacific, so St.Clair county is vacant, although
if some of the EMARC crew get's on it might not be a problem.

I worked N9NE while I was in KP2 during WPX SSB and he said he would be
on doing the U.P.  We also have a second hand report that WI9WI will be
active in the U.P.  It would be great if we could get a planned route
from one of these two stations commiting to covering Keweenaw county.
It *IS* possible to cover all the U.P. counties in a single MiQP
weekend, including Keweenaw - W8MJ and I managed to do it in 2001.

So I'm asking the mobiles to take a look at the map and see if it
wouldn't be possible to adjust your plans to cover some of the counties
without planned operations.

Thanks and 73,

Dave/K8CC