[MiQP-Mail] Mobile Mini Window

Jimk8mr at aol.com Jimk8mr at aol.com
Sat Apr 10 23:31:20 EDT 2010

I'd like to bring some attention to the suggested frequencies part of the
MiQP rules:

7)  Suggested Frequencies:

CW – 3.545, 7.045, 14.045, 21.045 and 28.045. SSB – 3.800, 7.200,  14.250,
21.300 and 28.450.

 ***Fixed stations are urged to call CQ away from these frequencies to
keep them clear for mobile stations.***

===========================

In last year's Ohio QSO Party we made a point to keep 3545 clear of fixed
stations, especially during the daylight hours. Mobile stations could make a
 quick appearance for a few CQs, and if anyone was monitoring 3545, they
could  find mobiles quickly before they would leave.  In a few seconds someone
 could check for activity, and if there was, it was likely a mobile, often
in a rare county.  This all worked out pretty well.

During my travel around Michigan on Saturday I'll try to make frequent
appearances on 3545 during the day, especially if 40 meters skip is long.

After dark when there is more activity, the 3545 mobile window may be less
important.  But especially during the day, try to keep 3545 clear, listen
there often, and hopefully you'll be able to find some good mobile qsos and
multipliers.

CU Saturday!

Jim   K8MR  /m