[MiQP-Mail] Hit the High Bands!

Hank Greeb n8xx at arrl.org
Sun Apr 11 16:15:38 EDT 2010

Hi, Gary:

Look for N8Q from NEWA on 20, 15, and 10 at the appointed hours.  The
recommendations are to "Look for 28 MHz activity during the
even-numbered daylight hours, and 21 MHz activity during the
odd-numbered daylight hours. Look for SSB activity on the hour and CW on
the half hour"  I'll try to make it for at least 5 to 10 minutes at each
of the appointed times.

21 MHz has been open for QRPers during daylight, and some activity even
reported on 28 MHz, so look for N8Q at the appointed hours until about
2200Z, when I'll switch to 80 and 40 as primary bands.  Dig down into
the noise, because I'll be running only 5 watts to a dipole antenna,
somewhat near the suggested calling frequencies but not eggzacktly on
them because we're supposed to be kind to mobiles who will be calling on
those frequencies.

73 de n8xx Hg

p.s. Will there be another Azirona QSO party on the 2nd weekend of
October?   I missed the one in 2009 because my wife was recovering from
surgery.  If it's a "go" for this year, I'll put it in my calendar to
publicize it locally.