[MiQP-Mail] JLOG for Mac

Hank Greeb n8xx at arrl.org
Fri Apr 16 18:49:12 EDT 2010

I bought the entire N3FJP software package for something like $29.  The
only problem is that N3FJP has given up with all the changes in State
QSO parties, and will not support new changes if they make the current
software obsolete.  So far, for my work, Ohio, Michigan, and Illinois
QSO parties are supported.

I've tried N1MM, and have needed help on each setup, but after I get
things set up it works like a charm.

BTW, does anyone know of a computer which will run on 12VDC directly?
I'd love to have such a device.  I have an inverter from 12VDC to
anything between 3 and 24 VDC, but it sometimes makes RFI.  I had an old
HP 110+ laptop which worked on 6 VDC as its native power.   I made a 12V
to 6 v voltage regulator, and ran it.  Unfortunately it used an MS DOS
different from the IBM version, so non of the software designed for
IBM's version would work on it.  I kludged together a dupe checker for
Field Day using Lotus 123 which came with the computer, which worked
"okay" - but wasn't very versatile.  After a few years I obtained a
"real" IBM compatible computer, and then one which ran Windows 3.1 and
later versions.

There's no reason a laptop couldn't be made to run on 11.7 (three 3.7
volt Li-ION cells) or 12 VDC.  In fact I believe that some of the
laptops have 3 LiION cells for primary operation.  Has anyone tried
running them directly off a 12 - 13.8 Volt car battery?

73 de n8xx Hg