[MiQP-Mail] logging program

Randy Love wf5x at interserv.com
Sun Apr 18 18:15:40 EDT 2010

I like the N3FJP for State QSO Party ops for a SO or Single TX.
For multi-multi, only the FD version of Scott's software supported networked mode.
If you do decide to go with his software ( which has built-in CW keying via a serial port ), go ahead and spend the money for the 'package deal'. That way, for the price of 3 QSO party progs, you get access to all his programs. One note here tho. I forwarded the multiplier change info for MiQP to him and he replied back that he probably won't do any more updates to any of his State QSO programs. too much work to keep up with it and make the changes, he said. That's too bad. I think his progs are top notch and VERY easy to learn/use. Plus, I like the on-demand map for the worked counties in the QSO parties and the sections for the FD and SS programs. Very nice.

As for N1MM logger, we used that at W8OAK for our multi-multi this year. Once we got all the networking bugs worked out ( not really program related, but still effected the programs running.. ), it went very smooth. Aside from losing DX cluster access about 6 hours into the test, it logged 3 stations just great -- even though most of the users had never seen it before, much less used it themselves. Since I used N1MM at home before, I was the one that had to set up the OAK software. Thanks to the online help and the pretty decent manual, we got the initial programs up and running stand alone in about 2 hours. But, once that's done, you don't have to do it again for any contest. Aside from the 6 hours troubleshooting the networking issues, which, again were not program related, getting them all going multi-multi on a network took about an hour more. but, hey, what do you expect for FREE. :) N1MM does support RTTY via the MMTTY add-on, as well as just about all rig interface/CAT operations, and serial or winkey cw operation. I believe that it supports voice keying also, but not 100% positive of that. You can't beat it for the money, that's for sure!

73,
Randy
WF5X