[MiQP-Mail] NE9U/M MiQP

Jasper---NE9U skjasper at att.net
Tue Apr 20 01:11:38 EDT 2010

               Michigan QSO Party

Call: NE9U
Operator(s): NE9U
Station: NE9U

Class: Mobile Multi-Op LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 12

   80:  113     14
   40:  275     12
   20:  143     18
   15:
   10:
--------------------
Total:  531     44  CW Mults = 61  Ph Mults = 21  Total Score = 90,200

Club: Minnesota Wireless Association

Comments:

Because I was on spring break with the XYL and kids during WQP, Art (N9BCA) and
I decided to give Michigan a try this year.  (It also helped that I now have a
cabin 12 miles from the Michigan border...this may become an annual affair!)

Going into the contest, our expectations were not very high, and we did not
meet them.  hi

Compared to our usual MinnQP and WQP mobile efforts, this seemed like pulling
teeth.  Our rates stayed low on CW and on SSB we never could do anything CQ'n
and got CQ'd in the face calling people.  Ughh.....  But if we do this again
next year, we already have plans for a more productive route and better
antennas.

Thanks to Art N9BCA for his driving (we've been doing this for about 15 years
now).  Thanks to WI9WI and N9NE for bunking with us Friday night.  We had a
great steak dinner and accomplished a lot of BS'n.  We took lots of pictures of
the 3 vehicles and ops if anyone is interested in seeing them.

73 until the next time!

Scott  NE9U
Art  N9BCA