[MiQP-Mail] MiQP Results

Jimk8mr at aol.com Jimk8mr at aol.com
Sat Aug 28 09:15:32 EDT 2010

Thanks again to Dave/K8CC and the MiQP crew for another MiQP well run and
well reported.

As additional note:  my Mecosta county deer encounter occurred during  the
0100z hour, when I also had my highest rate of the contest.  I guess  that
means that I had even one more "contact" that hour than was logged.

Anyway, the minivan has been long repaired, and will be out again with full
 regalia today in the Ohio QSO Party.

The OhQP is very similar to MiQP; noon to midnight EDT, same  exchanges,
frequencies, etc. And a goodly number of MiQP regulars will be out  and active
from Ohio.

One little trick that may be in interest to folks in nearby  Michigan:  we
have, during daylight hours, a "Mobile Mini-Window" on 80  meters. Please
keep 3545 KHz clear for mobiles, and also check there frequently  for the
mobiles. For much of Michigan, 80 will have propagation to Ohio all day,  so you
will have a way to compensate for the likely possibility that 40 meters
will be skipping over the Buckeye state.

We hope you'll get on the air and join us today for the OhQP!

73  -  Jim   K8MR    (/M in both Ohio  and Michigan)