[MiQP-Mail] 2010 Michigan QSO Party is coming!

Hank Greeb n8xx at arrl.org
Mon Mar 15 14:11:29 EDT 2010

The only "problem" with running QRP is that I don't have a QRP rig which
operates Silly Sideband, so I might have to take along my home station
and crank it down to 5 watts for SSB.   It would draw >5W from a battery
just receiving!

Even running a Elecraft K2, ICOM 703 or Yaesu FT817 is a compromise for
portable QRP, because any of them them takes more power than a more
simple CW rig.  The K-2 would have, of course, a superior receiver.

Tradeoffs, tradeoffs, tradeoffs.  :(

73 de n8xx Hg