[MiQP-Mail] Suggestion for next year's MIQP

Hank Greeb n8xx at arrl.org
Sun Apr 17 16:54:42 EDT 2011

After a great time operating as K6JSS/MECO, along with 8 others who
operated similarly from their home counties, I offer the following:

How about publicizing K8MAD in next year's QSO party by running multiple
stations as K8MAD/COUNty, similar to what we ran K6JSS/COUNty in 2011?

There might be a special certificate for working a certain number of
K8MAD/COUNty stations, and/or a special certificate for the op working
the most number of K8MAD/COUNty stations?

I don't recall the last time, other than when I borrow the call in 2009,
that K8MAD was on from even one county.  I haven't looked carefully, but
I didn't find it in the 2007, 2008, nor 2010 spreadsheets.  My
collection of results databases don't go back farther than 2007, so some
historian might shed light on when K8MAD was first used in the MiQP and
how often it shows up in MIQP history.

Just a thought.  Muse it over, don't shoot it down automatically because
the idea is new, and comes from a "crackpot" who has been deemed to come
up with ideas which are "goofy."

72/73 de n8xx Hg
Operated K6JSS/MECO during MIQP 2011