[MiQP-Mail] K8ESQ

DAVID DERAIN k8esq at sbcglobal.net
Tue Apr 19 09:45:38 EDT 2011

 Band  Mode  QSOs    Pts  Sec
   3.5  CW       85        170      1
   3.5  LSB     113       113     39
     7  CW      234        468    66
     7  LSB       68          68    17
    14  CW       47          94     9
    14  USB    201        201    38
    21  CW         9          18     5
    21  USB       1            1     0
 Total  Both    758      1133  175
Score: 198,275
K8ESQ N8LJ N8CAK

As usual, we had a great time up in Kalkaska Co.  Even taking down the spare antennas in a snow storm went smoothly.
N1MM says 758 Q's, but we gave out numbers to 780.  I know that we worked some dupes, so I will have to look into the discrepancy.
The bands were in great shape, however we seemed to run out of new contacts in the last couple of hours.
We had a G5RV, an Alpha Delta for 40-80, a 5 band vertical,and the 2 ele quad, with the CW station running 500 watts and SSB running 800 watts.  We thought that all that power would drive away the snow, but it didn't work.
Next year I think we will try to add a station to work mults.

Now it's on to Dayton and Field Day
73 Dave K8ESQ