[MiQP-Mail] K6JSS/8/CNTY Operations during MIQP 2011

Hank Greeb n8xx at arrl.org
Tue Mar 1 21:08:57 EST 2011

This will announce a "different twist" on operations during MIQP 2011.

As part of the QRP Amateur Radio Club International's (QRPARCI) Golden
Jubilee, QRP operators will be activating each of the 50 states plus
Puerto Rico during the calendar year 2011.  My arm was twisted, and I've
been drafted to coordinate the Michigan effort.  I chose the week of
April 11 through April 17 for the Michigan operation, which coincides
with the Michigan QSO party.

We will be activating K6JSS/8/CNTY (where CNTY equals the name of as
many Michigan counties as we can find volunteers) during the MIQP.   So
far we have only two.

WA8REI will be operating as K6JSS/8/SAGInaw
N8XX will be operating as K6JSS/8/MECOsta
????? will be operating as K6JSS/8/WHATcounty

I've been contacted by one other operator who wishes to operate during
the week.  If anyone else wishes to join the fray, please let me know.
The only requirement is that you operate with <5 watts, let me know if
you want to partake of operating as a contestant during the Michigan QSO
Party (Only one station from each county is permitted during this
period), and provide a copy of your log to the overall coordinator of
the Golden Jubilee event.  During times outside of MIQP activity we'll
need to coordinate bands and modes.   It would be very nice, but next to
impossible, to find 83 QRP ops in the 83 counties of Michigan to operate
as K6JSS/8/CNTY.   So, the more the merrier!

72/73 de n8xx Hg