[MiQP-Mail] Simple question

Kenneth Silverman kenny.k2kw at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 17:16:44 EST 2011

Hi John,

While contest rules with serial numbers state a sequential serial number
should be sent, often it's hard for multi-ops to fully comply.  For example,
their software may not be capable of a single serial number string (often
called a serial number server), or not all stations are networked so they
can't do a single serial number string.

As such, the generally accepted practice for all contest sponsors is to
accept separate serial numbers for each band, or transmitter.  The most
important thing is what was sent is logged (you don't want to give out
serial number 59 and the software logs 58 for some reason - it can happen
with buggy software).  So do what's best for you.

If you go with separate logs and you are not networked, you will need to
merge the logs after the contest.

Most major contesting software will handle M/M.  NA, N1MM, WriteLog,
WinTest, TR, etc, though not everyone will support the MiQP.  For example
WinTest only supports a single QSO party, and it's not the MiQP (darn).  The
key is having software that will support the MiQP.  I know NA and N1MM
support MiQP and do M/M.  I don't have experience in other software to know
if they do.

I hope this helps.

Kenny K2KW