[MiQP-Mail] More K6JSS/8/CNTY operations

K9TM k9tm at buckeye-express.com
Sun Mar 20 16:02:58 EDT 2011

Is it the plan of the stations doing this to send the "/8" and "/county"?

Hopefully the plan is to just send "K6JSS/County-Abbreviation".

73, Tim K9TM

On Mar 20, 2011, at 1:30 PM, Hank Greeb wrote:

QST QST all potential MiQP operators.

Please don't be surprised if you hear K6JSS/8/GENE at 1610Z and K6JSS/8/MARQ at 1615Z.  No, it won't be a "very fast moving mobile station."  We've been recruiting more stations to operate as K6JSS/8 from various counties during the April 16 Michigan QSO Party.

As of today, we have

K6JSS/8/GENE Operated by K8MEG Genessee County
K6JSS/8/MECO Operated by N8XX Mecosta County
K6JSS/8/OAKL Operated by K8CV Oakland County
K6JSS/8/OTTA Operated by K8AR Ottawa County
K6JSS/8/ROSC  Operated by KU8H Roscommon County
K6JSS/8/SAGI  Operated by WA8REI Saginaw County
K6JSS/8/MARQ Operated by KC8ULE in Marquette County

They will each be operating from their home stations, except for the nut who will be operating from a portable location in Mecosta County.  This nut hopes to beat the previous (Non-existent) record for QRP from MECOsta county. :)

Please put this info on the activity map and the activity details spreadsheet.

72/73 de n8xx Hg

Note - if anyone else on this MIQP reflectors wishes to operate QRP as K6JSS/8/CNTY from other counties, please let me know.  Our goal is to have all 83 counties covered, which would set a new record for the number of fixed stations in the MiQP!

Note 2 - To all the ops who haven't tried QRP during MiQP:  Don't be afraid of operating at 5 watts or less.  I was absitively amazed at the propagation last year from NEWAygo county.  There the antenna was truly a portable operation - about 30' high at the apex of an inverted "V,"  and I had trouble with the computer software.  When I went to McClure, HENRy county, Ohio for the OHQP, I had a much better antenna - supported by a 70' light pole and an equally high tree.  In both cases my computer to rig connection wasn't working, so I was stuck with my J-38 and Vibroplex Blue Racer, which was indeed a pain!  If you have a good antenna setup, you'll do quite well with 5 Watts or less power!