[MiQP-Mail] Tuesday update for K6JSS/8 during Michigan QSO Party

Hank Greeb n8xx at arrl.org
Tue Mar 22 10:24:33 EDT 2011

I'm happy to report that we have 2 more volunteers to run K6JSS in their
counties during the Michigan QSO Party.

K6JSS/8/WASH Operated by KT8K in Washtenaw County
K6JSS/8/JACK Operated by WB8ICN in Jackson County

The complete list to date is:

K6JSS/8/GENE Operated by K8MEG Genessee County
K6JSS/8/JACK Operated by WB8ICN in Jackson County
K6JSS/8/MARQ Operated by KC8ULE in Marquette County
K6JSS/8/MECO Operated byN8XX Mecosta County
K6JSS/8/OAKL Operated byK8CV Oakland County
K6JSS/8/OTTA Operated byK8AR Ottawa County
K6JSS/8/ROSC Operated byKU8H Roscommon County
K6JSS/8/SAGI Operated byWA8REI Saginaw County
K6JSS/8/WASH Operated by KT8K in Washtenaw County

Note that the QRP ARCI suggests we operate as K6JSS/8 during "our"
week.  But, MiQP (and most state QSO Parties) have a convention for
mobiles or stations outside their "native" call area ID as CALL/COUNty.
A couple folks have commented that K6JSS/8/MECO (for example) would be
confusing to other contest ops.  So, I say, "When in Rome, do as the
Romans do" and use K6JSS/COUNty.

Right now, we have 9 of the 83 counties covers with K6JSS/COUNty
operations.  There are 74 counties begging for a K6JSS operation - who
will step forward?  Anyone out there who'd like to partook of this
event?  Note - You do NOT have to operate from a portable location.  You
are encouraged to operate fro your home location.  The only requirement
is that you operate at 5 watts or less.

For folks used to operating with 1500 Watts or 100 watts, you might be
surprised at what a "mighty 5 watts" can do.  Last year, two QRPers made
the top 10 single op list overall, and beat out a whole bunch of QRO ops!

And, you do NOT need to be a member of QRPARCI or any other club - just
be willing to operate QRP, use the call K6JSS/COUNty and send an extra
log to the overall coordinator of the QRPARCI Golden Jubilee.

Please overload my inbox with volunteers!  Please, please, please!

72/73 de n8xx Hg
Operating as K6JSS/MECO during MIQP 2011