[MiQP-Mail] [MRRC] Michigan Statehood 175th Anniversary is in 2012

Kenneth Silverman kenny.k2kw at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 07:19:50 CDT 2011

I think the 175 QSO award is one of the better ideas as it promotes
increased QSOs for everyone.  Maybe add a "participation" level award for
more than 100 QSOs?  The 175 QSO award is better than funneling QSOs
towards a dozen or so special event 1x1 callsigns per the below suggestion.
I think these special event Award-Qualifying callsigns are fun for those
stations that get one, but not so much fun for those that don't.  And if you
wanted a special 1x1 and didnt get one, there is hurt feelings in the club.
Last year 16 single op out of state people would have qualified for the 175
QSO award, and 54 in-state SO made the mark.  Many others were in striking
distance.

Kenny K2KW