[MiQP-Mail] Spectacular Explosion on the Sun

Hank Greeb n8xx at arrl.org
Mon Apr 16 20:30:05 EDT 2012

Anyone hear a forecast for propagation during MiQP this Saturday?  I'm
prey to the gods of the ethereal waves that we have excellent
propagation, but my pleas often go to N1L.  :)

72/73 de n8xx Hg
Operating K6JSS/MCLM during MiQP 2012

Space Weather News for April 16, 2012
http://spaceweather.com

SPECTACULAR EXPLOSION: On April 16th around 17:45 UT, magnetic fields
curling over the sun's northeastern limb rose up and erupted, producing
one of the most visually-spectacular explosions in years. The event,
which also produced an M1.7-class solar flare and a coronal mass
ejection, was not Earth-directed. Nevertheless, it confirms suspicions
that a significant active region is rotating onto the Earth-side of the
sun. Visit http://spaceweather.com for movies and updates.