[MiQP-Mail] W8ZZ/p MiQP Results

Ron Majewski bigsky2000 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Apr 23 12:34:42 EDT 2012

Hi Everyone,

Bill, KC8VGG, and I did a multi-op, multi-county portable operation.  Think of
it as doing four Field Days in 12 hours.

We started in Benzie county at 1600 utc and finished in Oceana at 0230 utc.  We
stopped in Ottawa county at 0330 and tried to make some QSOs on 40m, but that
band was in bad shape at that point in time so we only managed a single QSO.

Here is the breakdown:

Benzie:
  43 SSB, 17 CW    On Air: 1hr 28min

Manistee:
  25 SSB, 20 CW    On Air: 40min

Mason:
  89 SSB, 24 CW    On Air: 1hr 24min

Oceana:
  99 SSB, 40 CW    On Air: 2hr

Ottawa:
  1 SSB   On Air: 30min

Not sure what happened in MANI, but the bands just dried up after the initial
rush.  We decided to move on rather than call CQ fruitlessly.

Oceana was great.  Bill called CQ on 40m SSB and was kept busy for the next two
hours.

The car, equipment, and antennas all worked flawlessly.  The ops are slowly
getting better at this.

Thanks and 73,

Ron (W8RU).
Bill (KC8VGG).