[MiQP-Mail] Fwd: MiQP K8XXX(@N8CC) M/M HP

Kenneth Silverman kenny.k2kw at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 15:27:39 EDT 2012

                   Michigan QSO Party

Call: K8XXX
Operator(s): W8DA, WA8UPB, K8MU, K8KXN, N8CC, WA8ICK, K8JHR, N8UUP, KK9T,
K8MX, K2KW K8AQM, K8KS, K8QKY, N8AMM AND NF8J
Station: N8CC

Class: M/M HP
QTH: Barry County
Operating Time (hrs): 12

  80:  183     273
  40:  291     641
  20:  169     532
  15:   51     269
  10:   48      21
--------------------
Total:  698    1736  CW Mults = 107  Ph Mults = 126  Total Score = 750,260

Club:

Comments:

Thanks to Jeff N8CC for hosting our motley crew again.  I think for the
first
time ever, we had 10 transmitters going, one on each band/mode.  It took a
while to work the bugs out, so not every station was QRV at the get-go.  But
soon enough all the tubes burned brightly and the shacks warmed up on the
cold
April day.

We were hoping the increased flux would propel us past last year’s score,
but
not only didn’t we come close to our 1 million point target, we barely
eclipsed last year’s score.  Total CW and SSB QSOs were down compared to
last
year even though we had more butt-in-chair-hours.

For those of you who don’t know, Jeff and the team go to great lengths to
set
up a complete CW multi-op station just for this event. The  CW guys operate
Field Day style using a camper, generator, and temporary towers/antennas
while
the  SSB guys operate from the main station and the big N8CC antennas.

Thanks for all the QSOs, and especially to the mobiles who braved the
not-so-snowy roads this year.  We had a great time and we’ll be back!

73 from the XXX gang

http://www.hornucopia.com/3830score/