[MiQP-Mail] 2012 MIQP LOG

DAVID DERAIN k8esq at sbcglobal.net
Sat Apr 28 14:18:17 EDT 2012

K8ESQ
Operators K8ESQ  N8CAK  K8QBR

   Band  Mode  QSOs    Pts  Sec
         3.5  CW      48      96   16
         3.5  LSB     51      51    6
           7  CW      51     102   31
           7  LSB    105     105   51
          14  CW       4        8     4
          14  USB     40      40   20
          21  CW       3        6     2
       Total  Both   302     408  130
   Score : 53,040

We operated from my cottage in the woods in Kalkaska again this year.  We had to put up with the abuse (all in fun) from Scott NM8R claiming that he was the only real Kalkaska county station, just because he lives there full time.
We ran high power using my 5 band quad, a G5RV, a Butternut 80/40 vertical, and an Alpha Delta 80/40 dipole.
This years score was not our best ever.  The weather was so nice that it was hard to stay in the chair.  We were also missing our best CW op N8LJ who was at Visalia and left us to struggle all on our own.
The main thing is that we had a great time, and we ate well.  The 807's weren't too bad either, and there is always next year.

73 Dave K8ESQ