[MiQP-Mail] ARPS ?

Hank Greeb n8xx at arrl.org
Mon Apr 15 20:54:21 CDT 2013

I personally we should move into the 1980's and allow APRS and use of
spotting networks. Many State QSO Parties, Ohio, Minnesota, Georgia,
North Dakota (restricts self spotting, but no other mention foror
against use of spotting networks), South Dakota makes no mention atall
of spotting networks, Nebraska similarly- no mention.

This can't happenthis year, of course, but some "reasoning" should occur
with whoever actually determines the rules for the MiQP, and I suggest
we "get with new technology." Shucks, Minnesota encourages APRS, others
don't mention it either way.  I haven't surveyed every State QP rules,
but quite a few around us allow spotting networks,as a way to encourage
activity.

'Nuff sed fornow. But, lettuce not way till a week before MiQP 2014
before we have real consideration of rule changesin this area.

72/73 de n8xx Hg
QRP >99.44% of the time
Using K6JSS/IONI during MiQP 2013