[MiQP-Mail] CW question

Jimk8mr at aol.com Jimk8mr at aol.com
Fri Apr 19 10:35:28 CDT 2013

>From MI, best to send CQ MQP.  CQ MIQP would be OK, but it's  longer and
there are no other "M" QSO parties going on, so no need for the  "I".

Michigan stations with other than a number 8 in the call would do well to
include the fact that they are in MI with their CQs:  CQ MQP DE MI  W3USA
 or     CQ MQP DE W3USA / MI

Stations outside MI would typically use   CQ MI DE W1NN.  If  the out of
state station has an 8 in the call, please include your QTH in the  CQ:    CQ
MI DE W8EDU / OH.

On phone including the same information in similar situations is also a
good idea.

73  -  Jim   K8MR

In a message dated 4/19/2013 11:25:48 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,