[MiQP-Mail] CW question

Hank Greeb n8xx at arrl.org
Fri Apr 19 10:51:29 CDT 2013

Be carefulNOT to use an identifier in conjunctionwith your call which
FCC could construe as being in another country.  Thisis illegal.

Best way if you're in Michigan but have acall from a different call area
is to ID with the county.  Thus, I'll be operating K6JSS/IONI from Ionia
county.  Note that K6JSS is the club call of the QRPAmateur RadioClub
International, in the same way as W1AW is the club call of the
ARRL.There's a "big 13" recognition contest amongst the QRP ARCI
membership, so people are encouraged to use K6JSS during StateQSO parties.

Note that one gets multipliersby mode, so there are twice as many
multipliers if an op makes contacts on SSB and CW, vs operating only one
of themodes.  Great incentive to try a mode which isn't one's favorite.

72/73 de n8xx Hg
QRP >99.44% of the time