[MiQP-Mail] MiQP K6JSS(N8XX) Single Op QRP

Hank Greeb n8xx at arrl.org
Sun Apr 21 01:38:55 CDT 2013

                     Michigan QSO Party

Call: K6JSS
Operator(s): N8XX
Station: KD8HNF

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: IONIa County
Operating Time (hrs): 12

    80:   62     28
    40:  114    126
    20:   29     17
    15:    0      0
    10:    0      0
--------------------
Total:  205    171  CW Mults = 76  Ph Mults = 71  Total Score = 85,554

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Wow!  What a ride!   20 was so-so, 40 lasted until the bitter end, though it
went long and sparse, but still some of the Michigan stations were workable,
80/75 was surprisingly good after dark, but with many stations staying on 40 it
got sparse toward the end.

Best personal results for a MiQP - beat my old record by almost a factor of
two.  This was greatly enhanced by the use of KD8HNF's remote site (Tnx, Bob),
high on a hill in IONIa county.  Also, a rare county (seems like the other
IONIa fellow must have been tied up with flood relief work because the Grand
River was flooding in Saranac - Wow!  I barely made it to the site because of
the flood south of Lowell!

Thanks to QRPARCI for use of K6JSS call - no one asked for a QRPARCI number,
though I announced that I'd be happy to give one which would help in the BIG 13
challenge for the year 2013.

Worked quite a few of the mobiles - tnx for digging down amidst the pileups to
pick out the QRP signal!

And, I worked DL2HBX on CW and SSB, on 20 meters so my "mighty 5 watts, with
the aid of KD8HNF's Hex Beam really did the trick! Thanks ULI for digging me
out of the mud!

And, thanks to the organizers of the event!