[MiQP-Mail] K8IR/M

Jim Callow jcallow at k8ir.com
Sun Apr 21 15:49:05 CDT 2013

Michigan QSO Party

Call: K8IR/M

Operator(s): K8IR KG9GH

Station: K8IR/M

Class: Mobile Multi-Op LP

QTH: MI

Operating Time (hrs): 12

Band  CW Qs  Ph Qs

--------------------

   80:   22

   40:  390     15

   20:  238     19

   15:    5      1

   10:

--------------------

Total:  655     25  CW Mults = 74  Ph Mults = 20  Total Score = 125,490

Club:

Comments:

It was a beautiful, sunny day in the UP. One of the few this non-spring.

Reports of 3 feet of snow still on the ground in the Keweenaw are true. Some

impressive snow piles for the end of April.  But the roads were excellent
the

whole route.  Can't say the same for the power lines. There were plenty of
deer

after sunset, but it was a bird that seemed determined to fly into the

windshield that had Eric on the brakes. It turned out to be a near miss.

40 and 20 were rocking, except for the time right around sunset when we were
at

the eastern end of our route and suddenly it seemed like we drove into a
black

hole, and the rate dropped for LUCE and MACK.  We went with a minimal 80
meter

antenna on the truck bed this year, and had a hard time getting much
attention

there.  But 40 kept us plenty busy in the darkness.

Eric did another fine job navigating, and we actually were back in Menominee
25

minutes before the end.  So we motored around town while putting a few more
in

the log.

Worked a UA9.  I believe that's a new continent for MIQP.

Thanks to everyone who called in, including our DX friends.

Congrats to the master, K8MR!

73

Jim K8IR

Eric KG9GH