[MiQP-Mail] Response to Hank

Hank Greeb n8xx at arrl.org
Mon Dec 2 16:33:01 CST 2013

Scott:

The only thing I go out for is to set a new record for a county in the
QRP category.  It's not difficult with there's no record at all!

I was very lucky this year that KD8HNF loaned me the use of his remote
site in IONIa county, and that the gods of the ethereal waves smiled
upon us with great in state propagation.  Bob, KD8HNF has what would be
called a "modest" site, with a spiderbeam for 20/15/10 at 50' or so, and
a G5RV for 80 and 40 meters, situated as an inverted V with the apex at
about 40'.  But, it helped that K6JSS/IONI was the only station from
IONIA county!

I haven't determined the county from which I plan to operate in 2014,
but it will be one which has a very low score for QRP (or zero, as all
too many counties have for this category).

I'd like to see more ops choose to operate with 5 watts or less - I find
that the score I make with this power is not much different than when I
was running 100 watts or so.

See ya on during MiQP 2014!  Let the better op/station win!

72/73 de n8xx Hg
QRP >99.44% of the time