[MiQP-Mail] Thanks Michigan QRP CLUB

Hank Greeb n8xx at arrl.org
Thu May 8 15:59:59 CDT 2014

Thanks to The Michigan QRP Club and the Mad River Radio Club for the
Buck Switzer, N8CQA Memorial Plaque for High Score, Michigan Single
Operator, QRP.

Thanks to Bob, KD8HNF for the use of his excellent remote location in
IONIa County.

Thanks to the QRP Amateur Radio Club International, for allowing me to
use K6JSS/8 during this event.

I was dumbfounded when presented with the excellent propagation
conditions.   The site certainly helped.  It is located in a rural area,
very quiet, RF wise, and there's a good view of a valley in three
directions.   It isn't a "contest grade" station (a hex beam at 50' and
a G5RV @40 meters for 80 and 40 meters), but being the only fixed
station in IONIa county certainly added a few dB (some day 10 dB) to the
readability.   Contacts kept rolling in for the entire 12 hour period -
hardly had time for a bite of dinner!!

It was fun!

72/73 de n8xx Hg
QRP >99.44% of the time