[MiQP-Mail] Photo of the Radio Contesting Equivalent of the "Paul Bunyan Trophy" added to the Photo Page of the 2014 MiQP Results

David Pruett k8cc at comcast.net
Wed Oct 15 01:33:04 CDT 2014

The Michigan State University ARC grabbed the
multi-operator/multi-transmitter plaque in the 2014 MiQP.
But one of their ops, Gregg/WB8LZG sent us a photo of their plaque along
with another piece of hardware.
Greg writes:  "Besides Sweepstakes and the School Club Round-up, the
Michigan OSO Party is our club's "premier" event.
We here at W8SH, MSU ARC have an "unofficial" competition ongoing with
the U of M radio club W8UM. High score takes
home all the glory es bragging rights fer the year ! This year I've made
"our own" equivalent of the "Paul Bunyan" trophy,
in addition to your fine plaque.  It will be passed between the schools
to be displayed by the winner for the year."

Those of us who have been in contesting for a while, and who recall the
big signals and big scores of the great
collegiate station battlesin the November Sweepstakes (SS) of the late
60s and early 70s between W8SH, W8UM,
W8LT (Ohio State University), W9YB (Purdue),W9YH (University of
Illinois), W9YT (University of Wisconsin)
and K9IU (Indiana University), will think this is pretty cool.

The photo has been added to the Photo and Stories page of the 2014 MiQP
results on the web site.

73, Dave/K8CC