[MiQP-Mail] K0RC QSO Party Tool is OK for MiQP

Hank Greeb n8xx at arrl.org
Sat Apr 11 08:26:39 CDT 2015

Thanks for the clarification Dave:

I agree with you.  Several years I was trying to find K8MR and others on
jaunts through Michigan to no avail.  Some of it was due to
propagation.  I'd hear others call but the mobile signal was not to be
heard.  Sometimes the mobile was swamped when I found him and he
couldn't hear my "mighty 5 watts" through the din.

A corollary question - If I hear a mobile announcing that he/she will be
moving to XXXX county in ZZ minutes, is this considered self-spotting
and therefore against the rules?   I've heard this numerous times, not
sure if during MiQP.   I know the Contest Hunters Club operations often
use similar notices.  And, in the off times between Saturday and Sunday
sessions in the Florida and Pennsylvania QP's I've seen chatter on their
reflectors as "I need XXXX County, anyone going there in the morning"
with a response from another station, "I'll be there about ZZZZ time on
40 CW - listen for me."

I suspect that if we ever get to all counties represented by 2 or more
mobiles and a significant number of fixed stations, like they seem to do
in Florida, Georgia, Pennsylvania, etc., a number of folks might switch
from single op to single op assisted (which would put them in
"competition" with the multi-single stations) to use spotting networks
and the reverse beacon network to track the mobiles.  Perhaps we could
actually have a clean sweep.

Perhaps we should get a cadre of suckers.... errr... missionaries to the
hinterland to see if we could roust up more participation in the
outlying counties?  I know you have a very nice power point presentation
of MiQP for use by folks in clubs, etc.  Can we find more people to use
it or similar presentations during next year with an eventual goal of
significant representation from all 83 counties?

72/73 de n8xx Hg
QRP >99.44% of the time
Operating as N8F during MiQP 2015