[MiQP-Mail] Cowabunga! All 83 Counties have Planned Operations!

David Pruett k8cc at comcast.net
Thu Apr 16 23:55:21 CDT 2015

All:

Great news!  All 83 Michigan counties have operations planned for this
weekend!  It sure was great to see the "Number of counties remaining"
display on the Planned Operations page read zero for the first time!

Our thanks to Jim/K8IR/m for realizing that he forgot to include PRES on
his route description, Ted/W8UE/m for tweaking his route to cover HURO,
and Durf/KX8D and Barb/N8JML for committing to carve out some time from
their weekend filled with other commitments to get on the air to provide
additional coverage of PRES.  Not to be forgotten are all the other
mobiles and fixed stations who made commitments to be on this weekend.
It should be a really cool contest with all 83 counties on the air.
Will anybody be able to make history for the first time and work a
cleansweep of all 83?

Also, our thanks to Bob, K0RC for supporting MiQP with his Excel-based
tool for tracking county operations.  And to Joe/W8JRK and his group for
sponsoring the Michigan Cabinet Counties award that boosted interest.
And last but not least, our Michigan section manager, Larry/WB8R for his
support in promoting MiQP within the state.

By my count, 43 counties have non-mobile (e.g. fixed station) operations
planned, which shouldprovide increased opportunities to catch these
counties.

I spent the evening over at W8MJ's QTH in LIVI getting set up for our
multi-single operation.  We're QRV and hope to see lots of you this weekend.

I hope that we'll all try to maximize our operating time this weekend
and blanket the bands with Michigan stations.  Good luck to everyone.
May lots of QSOs and multipliers find their way into your logs!

73,

Dave/K8CC and the MiQP Organizing Committee