[MiQP-Mail] Does scoring by a logging programme really matter?

Hank Greeb n8xx at arrl.org
Fri Apr 17 15:29:35 CDT 2015

I've always thought that whether one uses a scoring algorithm in a
logging program, or completely ignores it, it mattereth not.

Am I delusional?  I didn't read details of scoring, except to note that
the first DX contact "probably" counts as a mulitplier for Michigan
Stations this year  SO, when I use last year's version of the original
N1MM (NOT N1MM+) it will score incorrectly if I work my friend DM5EE in
Germany.   Will this upset anyone in the scoring team that I claim 1
multiplier less than the rules allow?   You may, if you wish, ask me why
I've not upgraded to N1MM+, but that's not germane to this discussion.

I've been told, often and repetitively, that the claimed score is just
that - the scoring team will correct any errors I've made, which I
usually do because of incompetence and growing amount of dementia at my
advancing age.

Note: Often I put my score as 0 (zero) in the place of a claimed score
for other contests, but I want to make sure I don't commit a cardinal
sin or a capital crime if I have an incorrectly claimed score.

Thanks in advance.

72/73 de n8xx Hg
QRP >99.44% of the time
Operating as N8F during MIQP 2015