[MiQP-Mail] AE8M mobile report

John Buchert ae8m.jb at fuse.net
Mon Apr 20 05:35:54 CDT 2015

BAND   CW     PH     MULTS

==========================

80       52       9      7

40      103      43     64

20       71      51     40

Claimed score: 61,605

37 counties, 40 states/provinces, total raw Q's = 329

Operating time = 7 hours, 53 minutes, average rate = 42 Q's/hour

KX3/KXPA100 into hamsticks on 40 and 20, Hustlers on 80 and 75

county   Q's    minutes     Q's/hour

====================================

MANI     54       81          40

MASON    61       81          45

OCEA     61       75          49

MUSK     53       68          47

ALLE     62       99          38

OTTA     38       69          33

In 2011 I made a similar mobile effort which resulted in more Q's (352)

in less operating time.  Whereas in other contests, the rate seems to go

up after dark, this time it went down.  I had plenty of time to operate

in the last two counties (ALLE and OTTA).  But after initial good runs in
each

county, contacts became sparse no matter which band or mode I tried.

Thanks to all who called.  The most frequently worked stations were WA3HAE
7,

KA8O 7, K2DSW 6, K8BKM 6, W4ANT 6, K8RYU 5, VE3WG 5 WN4AFP 5.

The low point of the contest actually occurred just before the start of the
contest.

I researched on the internet a nice operating site in Manistee County on a
beach

by Lake Michigan in the town of Manistee.  When I arrived, the sky was blue
and

the beach and lake were beautiful, sea gulls were flying around.  It seemed
perfect.

But the darn bathrooms were locked.  Locking the bathrooms is not the way to
keep

Michigan pure.