[MiQP-Mail] K8MQP - 2015 MiQP Multi-Single HP

David Pruett k8cc at comcast.net
Tue Apr 21 11:51:03 CDT 2015

                     Michigan QSO Party

Call: K8MQP
Operator(s): K8CC KE8OC W8MJ WD8S
Station: W8MJ

Class: M/S HP
QTH: LIVI
Operating Time (hrs): 12

    80:   74     33
    40:  153    367
    20:   46    132
    15:    1     34
    10:    2      3
--------------------
Total:  276    569  CW Mults = 83  Ph Mults = 119  Total Score = 276,442

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Rigs: FT-1000MP Field/AL-1200, FT-1000MP/AL-1200
Ants: 80M dipoles, 40M dipole, 2L 40 yagi, TH7 3-high stack, TH6 south

We had a blast!  Some people have posted that they felt activity was
down, but we have the opposite opinion.  We felt that activity was
pretty good - SSB seemed like a bottomless pit of QSOs, although CW was
a bit light.  But where was everybody
on 80M at the end of the contest???

Our claimed score is up 100 QSOs and 25 mults from our similar operation
in 2014, when the contestwas on Easter weekend.  Our percentage of CW
QSOs was down, but we still finished within 1K of the multi-single
category record from 2012.

We worked 71 of the 83 counties, but missed CALH for the Cabinet
Countiesaward.  We only worked 56 different counties last year.  The 12
counties we missed all had only mobile operations announced, so it seems
that we need to figure out how to connect with the mobiles better for
next year.

Our thanks to everyone who got on.  We hope y'all had as much fun as we did!

The K8MQP crew