[MiQP-Mail] Yahoo & AOL are bouncing confirmation e-mails

Mike Tindor / AA8IA aa8ia at aa8ia.org
Thu Apr 23 13:27:07 CDT 2015

There are probably things that you can do to resolve that.

1.   Enable DKIM and SPF in the cPanel interface (Mail --> Authentication)
for the miqp.org domain
2.   Make sure the FROM address of the emails being sent by the web
applications are within the @miqp.org domain

Currently the MIQP.ORG domain has no email authentication set up

  dig miqp.org txt
  ;miqp.org.                      IN      TXT

dig default._domainkey.miqp.org
  ;default._domainkey.miqp.org.   IN      TXT

And one would expect something _similar_ to the following with DKIM / SPF
enabled:

dig aa8ia.org txt
  aa8ia.org.              11278   IN      TXT     "v=spf1 +a +mx
+ip4:209.240.4.1 ~all"

dig default._domainkey.aa8ia.org txt
  default._domainkey.aa8ia.org. 14400 IN  TXT     "v=DKIM1\; k=rsa\;
p=MIGfMA0GCSqGSIb3DQEBAQUAA4GNADCBiQKBgQCwuGNT5uO+n+2aSmD9jZvEnlWVOVLb2FDHsO0A6OaMW4NffgxyCGNo0JXe21lX5VRSZArqQIDDKN54fUJTKOVbC8CntHL2DzX4jDoIIFZcHPdWl2OnRJodZFc3jsEpyyb3nw4pNyoX/v6XOcw3SDvWyJPvpn7vNqvAP4JOuFiR6QIDAQAB\;"

So, please consider enabling those email authentication mechanisms.   No
email domain should be without DKIM / SPF nowadays.    The default values
that cPanel sets up when you enable those features should be fine, and
nothing should look exactly like my examples above.

Mike / AA8IA