[MiQP-Mail] N8K, Keweenaw County

David Pruett k8cc at comcast.net
Sat Dec 5 01:12:13 CST 2015

On 12/4/2015 3:45 PM, Hank Greeb wrote:
> I've just registered to operate as N8K in next year's National Parks
> on the Air (NPOTA) event for ARRL between April 14 and April 21, 2016.
>
> AND, for all those who have been missing KEWEenaw County for the past
> years, this will be the first time that a fixed station has graced
> this county during the Michigan QSO party.  (At least there is no
> record for QRP, Low Power, High Power, or Multi Op in the records page
> of the MiQP web site.)
Hank,

While I applaud your operation from N8K, your claim of being the first
fixed station from Keweenaw County is not valid.  W8K was active last
year by the Keweenaw County ARC activating their EOC with multiple
operators.  They were even the third place EOC station and made the box
of top EOC scores so it's not as if their score was buried in the results.

The main page of 2015 results also mentioned W8K.  The same page also
noted that the only remaining Michigan county to not have a reported
fixed station MiQP operation is Schoolcraft.

Dave, K8CC