[MiQP-Mail] Change of plans for MIQP 2016

Hank Greeb n8xx at arrl.org
Tue Dec 8 18:20:40 CST 2015

I blundered for not reading details of 2015 Michigan QSO Party results.
  I only relied on the "records" are of the MiQP web page. It didn't
dawn on me that Emergency Operations Center records are NOT included on
the records list.

Based on incomplete info, I was planning an adventure to KEWEenaw
County.  However, with that county well covered so my plans have changed.

I've found and reserved a very remote, rustic cabin owned by the
Hiawatha National Forest, at least 1/4 mile from the nearest electrical
transmission line, in SCHOolcraft county.   The personnel at the
National Forest Service assure me that the county maintains the forest
roads and county highways necessary to get to the place. I might have to
toboggan into the last 1/4 mile of driveway, but that's doable even with
my aging bones.

Haven't decided on the call that I'll be using, but most probably NOT
n8xx.  I'm weighing the possibilities for K8S or W8S for SCHOolcraft
County.  Or maybe N8T (for Tom's Cabin, the name of the cabin I'm
renting) or N8H (for Hiawatha National Forest.) But maybe the most
suitable would be N8I (for the N)utty almost 8)0 year olde, I)diot who
thought of going on such an adventure!).  Yup, one doesn't have to be
completely insane to be a ham, but most hams are inclined in that
direction. :)

Remember, Michigan QSO Party 2016 will be held on April 16, beginning at
1600Z, and will end on April 17, at 0400Z.  Hope to work many former
MiQP operators.  Talk MIQP up with your local club and your ham friends!

72/73 de n8xx Hg
QRP >99.44% of the time