[MiQP-Mail] Any ideas for a location for N8XX QRP operation?

Hank Greeb n8xx at arrl.org
Fri Feb 27 16:40:18 CST 2015

Lessee:  My requirements for a fixed location for N8XX operation

1. Must be a county where a very low, or no, QRP record has been set.
This permits me to easily become the high score for the category/county.
2. Best if there's a possibility of an enclosed operating "shack". I've
done this once by operating out of my van, but I no longer have a van.
I could rent a U-Haul trailer from whence to operate, and pull it with
my current vehicle
3. A location with a high altitude compared with the surrounding area.
I found that operating from a location south of Saranac in Ionia County
was great in 2013, and operating from Casnovia in Muskegon county was
great compared with some other years.  After looking at a topographical
map I found that these were high, relative to the surrounding terrain in
three directions.  When working QRP, every bit helps.

I've set records for QRP operation in:
Newago 	2010 	N8Q 	20,839
Mecosta 	2011 	K6JSS 	29,841
Montcalm 	2012 	K6JSS 	43,904
Ionia 	2013 	K6JSS/8 	84,242
Muskegon 	2014 	N8M 	37,080

2013 was the "magic" day - Of course, KD8HNF's remote site with a spider
beam for 20 through 10, and a G5RV for 40 and 80 surely helped!

Ideas of high spot with or without a shelter?  I'm musing about getting
access to Fisk Knob, the highest spot in my home county of Kent, but
that will involve some political "oomph" because this small park is
normally closed throughout the year to all but pedestrian traffic.   So,
I'm open to other ideas....

Thanks in advance for ideas.

72/73 de n8xx Hg
QRP >99.44% of the time