[MiQP-Mail] N8F (N8XX) has submitted MiQP Plans

Hank Greeb n8xx at arrl.org
Sat Feb 28 10:46:18 CST 2015

Yup, after inquiry, it appears that our Radio Club has 24 hour access to
Fisk Knob, the highest point in Kent County, so I've reserved N8F (in
honor of Kent County Park called Fisk Knob), and will be operating QRP
from that location for the upcoming Michigan QSO Party.

A bunche of us have operated from Fisk Knob for other QRP activities
with carried in rigs and antennae, but never for more than a few hours
in an afternoon.  And, we have a VHF aficionado who regularly operates
from there for the ARRL VHF contests.

The only "best practices" issue which isn't met with this choice is that
in Kent County I won't be a unique station, so I won't be a "magnet."
However, it should be interesting to see how a hundred feet of
additional height above mean sea level (HAMSL), and more Height Above
Average Terrain (HAAT) does for my "mighty five watts" and an antenna
proven to be a few dB better than a dummy load buried six feet underground.

72/73 de n8xx Hg
QRP >99.44% of the time