[MiQP-Mail] CW with FLDigi?

Hank Greeb n8xx at arrl.org
Mon Apr 4 21:57:32 CDT 2016

I'm trying to help a relative newcomer to set up his rig for the MiQP.
He's just learning CW, we note that FLdigi can send and decode CW.  I've
used FLdigi for Hellschreiber and PSK-31, but never with trying to
decode CW under contest conditions.  From what I've encountered in MiQP
and similar contests, there's seldom a condition where "good ears"
couldn't work with 2 KHz bandwidth or so, which these software packages
generally use with a rig in the SSB mode.

Has anyone had experience with using it, or another "digital" software
package, in a simple CW contest like MiQP?   It would help his
multiplier count if he could make some CW contacts with an aid like FLdigi.

Please don't "put this question down" - I'd like to encourage the
newbies to contesting to give it their all, and use all the technology
available.

72/73 de n8xx Hg
QRP >99.44% of the time