[MiQP-Mail] Planned Operations Entry - Attn iPad Users

K9TM k9tm at buckeye-express.com
Wed Apr 6 17:25:54 CDT 2016

iPad users (and possibly other tablet users? **) please be aware that the iPad browser leaves the county “NONE” selected (checked) even if you select another county or counties from the list.  On an iPad one has to touch to select and touch to unselect items in the list.  This behavior is different than PC & Mac browsers.

In the short term, iPad users please be mindful of this and uncheck NONE when  you select a county or counties.  If you don’t, the database is still updated and the list of operations contains the info you entered but the email to the reflector does not indicate the county/counties selected.

In the long term, I’ll trap this in the code for cases that include NONE.  I can catch NONE and other counties selected but I can’t catch it if you click say LAKE by mistake and then click LAPEER because that’s what you meant to click.  On an iPad the user must unclick LAKE in this example otherwise you are reporting both counties!!!

73, Tim K9TM

** I have an iPad so it was easy to recreate this and figure out what was going on.  I do not have any Android devices and as such have no idea what they do in this case.  Maybe someone with an android can let us know?