[MiQP-Mail] MIQP exchange

Dave Pruett k8cc at comcast.net
Sat Apr 9 16:44:20 CDT 2016

Ted

To answer your question, the MiQP website is correct.

MiQP rules are not linked to OHQP rules.  While we understand the logic
that led OhQP to change, the feedback we've gotten from MiQP
participants over the years seems to overwhelmingly support
QSOnr/location.  It's really only an issue for mobiles and multi-ops and
we've tried to write the MiQP rules to allow sufficient flexibility for
both to prevent it from being a legitimate problem.

So while I won't say that we'll NEVER change at some point in the
future, at this point in time there are no plans or behind-the-scenes
discussions to do so.

I ran OhQP from Summit County last year as NZ8O and got a perspective on
the RST vs. QSOnr question.  But we're always trying to give MiQP
participants what they want, regardless of what other QSO parties do.

73, Dave/K8CC