[MiQP-Mail] W8RU/p MiQP Road Trip

Ron Majewski bigsky2000 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Apr 23 09:42:30 CDT 2016

2016 MiQP
W8RU/pMulti-transmitter, multi-op, multi-county portable
IONI      8Q    x 8 multsMCLM   9Q    x 9MECO   6Q    x 6OSCE   3Q    x 3LAKE    50Q  x 39NEWA   78Q  x 40KENT      1Q  x 1BARR    26Q  x 19

Equipment: Hamsticks, dipoles, K3, FT-890, bandpass filters
We got a late start on Saturday morning so we activated IONI, MCLM, MECO, and OSCE as we drove up to LAKE.
We had a great run on 40m SSB in LAKE, but couldn't get much of anything going on 20m.
In NEWA, we couldn't find a run frequency on 40m SSB but 20m made up for it.
We grazed KENT on our way to BARRY.  80m was the band-of-choice in BARR.  We think we heard someone else in BARR earlier in the day.
Activity levels seemed excellent and the QRN was low.
We identified as "mobile" to tip people off that we were changing counties.  It -mostly- worked, but we still got a few "you're a dupe" comments.
Mr. Murphy didn't find us so we were grateful for that.  The weather was awesome!
Thanks for the QSOs and 73,
Ron (W8RU) and Bill (KC8VGG).