[MiQP-Mail] How about a year long recruiting/proselytizing effort?

Hank Greeb n8xx at arrl.org
Sat May 7 08:01:14 CDT 2016

Perhaps we in Michigan could collaborate, get a combined recruiting
effort going, and get all the counties in Michigan covered with fixed
stations?  Or, as a minimum, multiple mobiles?

The New England folks seem to be getting their act together, as have a
listing of coverage of all counties in the various states of New
England.  See
http://neqp.org/ryc.html
for a list of how they've covered their states.  Most have a fixed
station or two listed, with a very few having only one mobile listed for
a county.

The organizers of MIQP do a great job of publicity and recruiting, but
I'm sure they'd appreciate local help.  So, if you're in a "rare" county
and/or know of folks in an adjacent, even "rarer" county, why not start
talking up the 2016 MiQP at your club meetings.  Mention the MiQP to
your fellow hams if you have a periodic "ham breakfast or luncheon".
Enthusiasm is contagious..

"Flash publicity" a few weeks or months prior to the event are very
useful, but keeping the event in the minds of folks year round might
encourage more folks to participate for a few hours or for the entire 12
hours.

Lettuce work toward having all 83 counties of Michigan covered with
fixed stations!  Unrealistic?  Perhaps... but a good goal! Then we could
have bragging rights for the "first to work all 83" or "highest number
of Worked All Counties" certificates, etc!  Can we count on YOU?

72/73 de n8xx Hg
QRP >99.44% of the time