[MiQP-Mail] MiQP AF8A SO LP from Ohio

Gary Mikitin, AF8A af8a at mangobay.com
Sun Apr 16 15:49:59 CDT 2017

Let's see...was it the refraction, the reflection, the absorption, the
storm-induced QRN...or maybe all of the above which played havoc with
the 'test?.  Conditions were 'punk', to say the least.

I started out with high hopes, as W8MMM had a pretty good signal from
LEEL on 40 meters (1647Z).  That was the last good signal I heard until
I QSY'd to 80 about 2315z.  NE Ohio was simply too close for 40 meters.

I believe I worked only one mobile, K8IR from MACK on 80m, at 2349Z. The
low mobile total was a major disappointment, as I, like most ops, look
forward to chasing the mobiles. Better luck next year!

     CallSign Used : AF8A
       Operator(s) : AF8A

Operator Category : SINGLE-OP
              Band : ALL